RunDFO.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to MyDFO.net, the best choice for Dungeon Fighter Online players! We are currently undergoing a site redesign.Thank you for your patience.

3 posters

Guard Skill?

patrickcampbe21

Post Point : 3

Guard Skill? Empty Guard Skill?

Post by patrickcampbe21 20/10/2009, 6:56 pm

I'm planing on becoming a blade master was was wondering if Guard was worth learning and lvling along with Cancel Guard?
    Konishi
    Konishi
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 671

Guard Skill? Empty Re: Guard Skill?

Post by Konishi 21/10/2009, 11:24 am

From what I see, guard can be quite usefull because it's basically superarmour with reduced damage. Like take example in
    pvp someone rushes towards you with a superarmour attack, I think this skill kind of just makes sure you guard and make it possible
    to counterattack. I don't have a WM, so I can't really know for sure, but that's only what I know so far.
    patrickcampbe21

Post Point : 3

Post by patrickcampbe21 21/10/2009, 4:06 pm

Hmmm...seems only decent if you learn Cancel-Guard to beable to do it on the fly....But man thats alot of SP that could be better spent I'm thinking...I went ahead and learned just Guard so far but without putting it at a short-cut key takes to long to do it and seems lame without Cancel-Guard...T_T
    Konishi
    Konishi
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Konishi 21/10/2009, 4:52 pm

it's usefull if the enemy uses a long recovery move though, like fighters ground punch thing or slayers rush attack etc >_>
    Slash
    Slash
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 19

Post by Slash 2/11/2009, 1:20 pm

it's not useful, better way to "guard" against an atk, jump over it or walk up,down, left or right away from the incoming atk. During guard too, you are immobile and are forced to just take reduced damage. Grab skills such as suplex are still able to break your guard and you take full damage. Learn something else, or just pvp more and you'll find ways to avoid the other's techiniques
    Konishi
    Konishi
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Konishi 4/11/2009, 2:43 pm

I've seen that skill used effectively against slayers or combo happy people, like you guard against a combo string to wait for an opportunity to
    strike back with your own combo. Avoiding the attack won't give you that option as their cooldown will be over if you try to reline to counterattack, and many attacks have a nasty z range that can counter jump attacks like the slayers "ogre slash?" or elementalist... lightning wave? I don't remember the names anyway, but yeah.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20/5/2024, 5:30 am