RunDFO.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to MyDFO.net, the best choice for Dungeon Fighter Online players! We are currently undergoing a site redesign.Thank you for your patience.

4 posters

Priest Basics, Skill/Dungeon/PvP Guide

Flair
    Flair
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 311

Priest Basics, Skill/Dungeon/PvP Guide Empty Priest Basics, Skill/Dungeon/PvP Guide

Post by Flair 1/8/2009, 4:06 pm

-Priest Basic Skill, Dungeon, and PvP Guide-

First of all: This is a simple guide about PvPing and Dungeon-ing(?) with a priest before job change.
    Now, priests are probably the worst class to PvP with, due to their incredibly slow speed.
    However, they do a fairly good job staging and are a good addition to parties for their buffs and heals.

Skills available before job change:

Backstep- Jumps a little bit backwards.
    SP: 30
    Command: (Down) + C

Quick Rebound- Allows you to get back up off the ground quicker than usual.
    SP: 10
    Command: C (When downed)

Slow heal- Slowly regenerates a set amount of HP for one of your party members or yourself.
    SP: 20
    Command: -> + Space

Strike- Increase physical weapon attack strength and hit rate of one of your party members or yourself.
    SP: 25
    Command: -> -> Space*

Cure- Cancels negative abnormal status changes for one of your party members or yourself.
    Command: (Down) (Down) Space*

Wisdom Blessing- Increases weapon magic strength, intelligence, spirit, and vitality of one of your party members or yourself.
    Command: (Up) (Up) Space*

Lucky Straight Punch- Delivers a few (~3-4) punches with the last one doing extra damage w/ high crit probability.
    Command: -> + Z

Smasher- Grabs an enemy and dashes and throws the enemy for high damage. Will also damage enemies in the way while dashing.
    Command: -> then Z*

Second Uppercut- Uppercut after a dash attack.
    Command: X after dash attack.

Giant Weapon Launcher- Launches enemies up into the air with your weapon, also damage enemies behind you.
    Command: Z

Phoenix Hammer- Jumps then thrusts weapon into ground to creat shockwave that hits nearby enemies.
    Command: (Up) + (Down) + Z*

Furious Grab- Summons a demon hand to hit monsters in front of you a few times (~2-3), can trap enemies sometimes.
    Command: (Down) + -> + Z*

Painful Rapture- Uses some HP for MP.
    Command: (Down) + -> + C*

* = Unsure of command because of CBT bug. Will update after it is fixed.

Dungeon-ing(?):

Basics: What you want to do is buff anyone you want to, XXXXXXXX, slow heal, XXXXX until boss,
    then XXXXX backstep, buff, slow heal, XXXXX.... etc.etc.etc.
    Between the XXXXX you can use skills like weapon launcher/furious grab/etc.
    Use phoenix hammer when there's a huge mob, just to knock them down before they do some bad damage.
    When surrounded you can use phoenix hammer, or weapon launcher...bla bla bla... Just dodge hits and you'll do fine.

Since I'm not much of a dungeon-er, I'll give you my recommendations for a skill build:
    Backstep - 1
    Slow heal - Max
    Strike - Max
    Wisdom Blessing - Preference
    Cure - 1
    Lucky Straight Punch - Preference <--- Mob control
    Smasher - Max <--- Main damage dealer to boss.
    Second Uppercut - Preference
    Giant Weapon Launcher - Preference, 1/5/Max
    Phoenix Hammer - Preference, 1 or Max
    Furious Grab - Max <--- Secondary damage dealer to boss + mobs.
    Painful Rapture - 1 if needed

Weapon recommendation: Any, your preference. Basically one that does most damage, because
    you don't really need speed in dungeons, just use the one that does the most damage.
    *Can't really give you an accurate skill build because I have no skill simulator/calculator.
    And the kDnF one contains malicious programs...or so says Chrome.

PvPing:

Basics: Don't try to approach any character head-on, you will get hit first, and then get comboed and KOed.
    Use giant weapon launcher as your primary super armor skill, and second uppercut as your secondary.
    Priest is incredibly slow, and hard to maneuver. Half the times you PvP, you'll get owned by speed.
    (I know it sounds pretty bad lol)...

A basic skill build:
    Backstep - 1
    Quick rebound - 1
    Strike - 0 or Max
    Wisdom Blessing - Preference
    Lucky Straight Punch - Preference
    Smasher - Max
    Second Uppercut - 1 or Max
    Giant Weapon Launcher - 5 (W/ cancel) or Max
    Phoenix Hammer - 1 or 0
    Furious Grab - 1 or Max

Weapon recommendation: Scythe for speed.
    * Can't give an accurate skill build bla bla...

More PvP tips:
    Starting out the match, you'll want to use all your buffs, and prepare to use Giant Weapon Launcher if the opponent
    comes dangerously close. If you're fighting a gunner then never stay directly in front of them, try to get close and
    use GWL and start a combo as soon as you can. Slayers are a little easier, because you can use GWL when they try to get close,
    just be careful when staying in front of them because they have many skills with long linear range. (Don't have much experience
    against mages/fighters yet)
    You'll want to get the cancels for most of the skills you use most,
    like GWL and Smasher allowing for faster skill initiation.
    Basic combo- XXX Giant Weapon Launcher, Smasher,Furious Grab
    VainHero wrote:... due to priests slow speed,you really need to abuse your super armor moves.
    Phoenix is great when you bait slayers to get close due to its wide range,and being able to grab them.
    Also,back-step cancel is a godsend. Very helpful for maneuvering and setting up combos.

Ending:
    ~Will definitely update once I'm more experienced with priest PvP, and dungeons.
    ~I suck at PvP right now,
    ~This was made during CB Testing, things might change later, and might update information in the future.
    ~It's not as good a guide as I want it to be, so sit tight and wait until I make a better one.
    ~Please post any mistakes or additions you would like to see in this guide, all comments greatly appreciated.
    ~~~~~IF this helped you in anyway, or you think I did a good job, click the "+" sign in the top right corner of the post
    to add to my reputation.~~~~

~Anyone can use this guide, just ask me for permission via the PM system Smile
    ~My IGN for CBT is KStyler - Lvl 20 Monk.
    ~Thank You Smile

Last edited by KStyler on 7/8/2009, 5:32 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 556

Priest Basics, Skill/Dungeon/PvP Guide Empty Re: Priest Basics, Skill/Dungeon/PvP Guide

Post by Brentt 1/8/2009, 4:48 pm

Good info, but I suggest to add more spaces between your skills and their commands, SP, etc. It looks a bit confusing that way.
    Flair
    Flair
    Members
    Members

Priest Basics, Skill/Dungeon/PvP Guide Empty Re: Priest Basics, Skill/Dungeon/PvP Guide

Post by Flair 1/8/2009, 4:53 pm

I had primarily done this on wordpad, with good spacing and such, I guess it didn't show when I transferred it to the forum :\
    Flair
    Flair
    Members
    Members

Post by Flair 1/8/2009, 11:31 pm

Added:
    Weapon recommendations
    More PvP Tips
    VainHero
    VainHero
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 104

Post by VainHero 2/8/2009, 12:36 am

Looking very nice.Would just like to add that due to priests slow speed,you really need to abuse your super armor moves.
    Phoenix is great when you bait slayers to get close due to its wide range,and being able to grab them.
    Also,back-step cancel is a godsend. Very helpful for maneuvering and setting up combos.
    Flair
    Flair
    Members
    Members

Post by Flair 2/8/2009, 2:34 pm

Thanks, added your info to the guide Smile
    Blak Doxa
    Blak Doxa
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 610

Post by Blak Doxa 2/8/2009, 2:49 pm

You can use my guide if you need the key commands for some of the skills.
    Flair
    Flair
    Members
    Members

Post by Flair 2/8/2009, 3:21 pm

Thanks, updated all the skill commands that I could, however, there are still some I'm unsure of.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27/4/2024, 8:56 pm