RunDFO.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to MyDFO.net, the best choice for Dungeon Fighter Online players! We are currently undergoing a site redesign.Thank you for your patience.

5 posters

CCleaner + SiteAdvisor = Fast and Safe Computer

Flair
    Flair
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 311

CCleaner + SiteAdvisor = Fast and Safe Computer Empty CCleaner + SiteAdvisor = Fast and Safe Computer

Post by Flair 30/7/2009, 2:24 pm

CCleaner:

What it is: It's a FREE program that cleans unwanted files/cookies/temporary files stored in your computer. It can also uninstall programs of your choosing (like Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel), clean your registry (more on this later), and basically keeps your computer nice and clean Smile.

**Safe program: I use it on both of my computers, and have scanned it with Kaspersky, McAfee, and Norton- Found no problems.**

Why you should use it: It can free up tons of space in your C drive, which can make your computer faster.

How to get:
    1. Go to: http://www.ccleaner.com/download
    2. Click download from FileHippo.com
    3. Click download latest version (top right corner)
    4. Save file (If using Firefox) or Run (IE).
    5. Let it download (should take a few secs), and run the .exe file (Firefox).
    6. Allow it to run, select language, next, I agree.
    7. Install options: Choose what you want. What I use: Desktop + start menu shortcuts, and Automatically check for updates- I unchecked the other options.
    8. Install.

How to use:
    1. Double-click CCleaner on your desktop. You can then analyze if you're nervous, or run cleaner if you have faith in me.
    2. It'll give you a warning, read it and press OK or whatever... This part of the cleaner is perfectly safe, believe me.
    3. Close your browsers if you want before you start the cleaner.

REGISTRY:
    **Use only if you know what you're doing. I've used it a couple times with no problems, but if you're not an expert on computers then don't use it please.**
    1. Click on registry cleaner
    2. Back up your registry.
    3. Rest is self-explanatory.

Site Advisor:

What it is: Free program that tells you if a site is safe before you click on it. Works for both Firefox and Internet Explorer users (unfortunately not Chrome). EXTREMELY USEFUL. I couldn't live without it....
    **Safe program... scanned with bla bla bla**
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!! <<<<< There are no cons about this program. None. Nada. Zip. 0. Egg.

How to get:
    1. http://www.siteadvisor.com/
    2. Free download
    3. If you read this far you should know what you're doing.
    4. Restart your browsers it should work. Search something in google and you should see green check marks next to the links, or yellow exclamation points, or red x's. Put your mouse over the symbol to see its stats.

Well, that's about it. Just wanted to post this, because not many people know about this, and these two programs have really made my computer experience GREAT, and wanted to share this feeling of euphoria with you all. If I helped you, please +rep me Smile

Last edited by KStyler on 30/7/2009, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 556

CCleaner + SiteAdvisor = Fast and Safe Computer Empty Re: CCleaner + SiteAdvisor = Fast and Safe Computer

Post by Brentt 30/7/2009, 6:02 pm

Nice of you to share this with us.

It looks like an all - in - one program where you can do a lot of things in CCleaner.
    Flair
    Flair
    Members
    Members

CCleaner + SiteAdvisor = Fast and Safe Computer Empty Re: CCleaner + SiteAdvisor = Fast and Safe Computer

Post by Flair 30/7/2009, 10:15 pm

Yup, it's a must have for any computer user, I HIGHLY recommend that people get it...it keeps your computer clean, safe, and fast.
    Free
    Free
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 116

Post by Free 30/7/2009, 10:19 pm

CCleaner is actually really good. I also agree to getting it.=D
    Flair
    Flair
    Members
    Members

Post by Flair 31/7/2009, 10:28 am

Spread the news Smile
    Wolf™
    Wolf™
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 15

Post by Wolf™ 31/7/2009, 12:52 pm

I Love CCleaner..... But I didn't know about the site advisor.
    Konishi
    Konishi
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 671

Post by Konishi 10/8/2009, 7:32 pm

CCleaner is great for tidying up your everyday messy computer.
    Siteadvisor keeps you away from sites who have been known to spread trojans/viruses etc?
    Also CCleaner fixed up your registery, so you don't have to pay for the overpriced
    registery fix programs etc. Besides, most of those "registery" fix or "virus scanner" ads online are fake
    ones that plants trojans on your computer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content