RunDFO.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to MyDFO.net, the best choice for Dungeon Fighter Online players! We are currently undergoing a site redesign.Thank you for your patience.

4 posters

What other video games do you play?

Franitz
    Franitz
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 40

What other video games do you play? Empty What other video games do you play?

Post by Franitz 2/10/2009, 12:26 am

Right now the only game I'm addicted too is DFO but I'm a huge fan of fighting games. My favorite game of all time is Guilty Gear. I also love jrpgs but don't play them too often anymore. What type of games do you guys usually play?

Also I'm a huge fan of mmos, I can't recall a time since freshman year of high school that I have gone without playing an mmo. I just quit WoW after four years the day I installed this game but I also have played Final Fantasy 11, LotRs online, D&D online, Aion online, City of Heroes, and many many more.
    Konishi
    Konishi
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 671

What other video games do you play? Empty Re: What other video games do you play?

Post by Konishi 2/10/2009, 11:18 am

I just play free games, Touhou games and downloadable DS games.
    Slash
    Slash
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 19

What other video games do you play? Empty Re: What other video games do you play?

Post by Slash 2/10/2009, 1:33 pm

I played Maple Story for awhile till i hit 200 and got bored of it. I also play La Tale, Counter Strike 1.6, source and condition zero, Gunbound, Left4Dead (both pc and xbox360), CoD 4 Modern Warfare, Mini Ninjas, and also im trying to play Lost Odyssey but I can't get into it because the exp gain is so slow..
    Konishi
    Konishi
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Konishi 2/10/2009, 1:41 pm

Slash wrote:I played Maple Story for awhile till i hit 200 and got bored of it. I also play La Tale, Counter Strike 1.6, source and condition zero, Gunbound, Left4Dead (both pc and xbox360), CoD 4 Modern Warfare, Mini Ninjas, and also im trying to play Lost Odyssey but I can't get into it because the exp gain is so slow..
    How the heck did you get lv 200 in maple and also not get into Odyssey because of slow exp gain? o_O
    Franitz
    Franitz
    Members
    Members

Post by Franitz 2/10/2009, 2:26 pm

Yeah Lost Odyssey may have slow exp rate but that game is a master piece. I'm also a huge fan of Left4Dead, won't be getting Left4Dead2 though since I feel like its too soon for them to release another game.
    Konishi
    Konishi
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Konishi 2/10/2009, 4:03 pm

Franitz wrote:Yeah Lost Odyssey may have slow exp rate but that game is a master piece. I'm also a huge fan of Left4Dead, won't be getting Left4Dead2 though since I feel like its too soon for them to release another game.
    Maybe they just modded the game or something or added new weapons/enemies etc? (I've tried l4d at family friends)
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 556

Post by Brentt 2/10/2009, 11:19 pm

I like playing COD: World at War.
    I like shooting games, if they're fun.

When the next COD game comes out (i think next month), I'll be begging my older bro to buy it for me.
    Gotta love a brother who's 5 years older than you and works full time. <3
    Konishi
    Konishi
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Konishi 3/10/2009, 5:13 am

Brentt wrote:I like playing COD: World at War.
    I like shooting games, if they're fun.

When the next COD game comes out (i think next month), I'll be begging my older bro to buy it for me.
    Gotta love a brother who's 5 years older than you and works full time. <3
    My older brother is still at school, and I don't get anything ._.
    He ignores me >_<
    Franitz
    Franitz
    Members
    Members

Post by Franitz 3/10/2009, 3:22 pm

Yeah your lucky, I am the oldest brother in my family and I wouldn't spend a dime on any of my siblings. As a matter of fact my brothers birthday is in a few days and I'm not getting him crap.
    Slash
    Slash
    Members
    Members

Post by Slash 6/10/2009, 1:34 am

Konishi wrote:
    Slash wrote:I played Maple Story for awhile till i hit 200 and got bored of it. I also play La Tale, Counter Strike 1.6, source and condition zero, Gunbound, Left4Dead (both pc and xbox360), CoD 4 Modern Warfare, Mini Ninjas, and also im trying to play Lost Odyssey but I can't get into it because the exp gain is so slow..
    How the heck did you get lv 200 in maple and also not get into Odyssey because of slow exp gain? o_O

You obviously havn't played as many RPG's as i have in my life and don't realize how slow the exp rate gets and how monotonous it is with the same atk/crit ring strat, it's a pretty game yes but it's just not that interesting to me. I was born and raised on the final fantasy, Breath of fire, and Legend Of Legaia series' games just to name a few and I've seen a lot better from games with less pleasing eye candy during the exposition of a game.

Also, comparing a MMORPG to a standard console Turn based RPG is 2 completely different things Konishi, because in Maple you actually had thousands upon thousands of people you could meet and deal with each day. L.O. you don't have that you're on your own and you have to hope that the storyline pulls you in. Can't even compare the two.
    Konishi
    Konishi
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Konishi 6/10/2009, 7:23 am

Slash wrote:
    Konishi wrote:

You obviously havn't played as many RPG's as i have in my life and don't realize how slow the exp rate gets and how monotonous it is with the same atk/crit ring strat, it's a pretty game yes but it's just not that interesting to me. I was born and raised on the final fantasy, Breath of fire, and Legend Of Legaia series' games just to name a few and I've seen a lot better from games with less pleasing eye candy during the exposition of a game.

Also, comparing a MMORPG to a standard console Turn based RPG is 2 completely different things Konishi, because in Maple you actually had thousands upon thousands of people you could meet and deal with each day. L.O. you don't have that you're on your own and you have to hope that the storyline pulls you in. Can't even compare the two.
    Stop implying I'm an idiot, I merely point out Maple got way more annoying exp grind. I prefer online games as well, but I still can't think of any
    generic turn based rpg game to have as bad grind as most mmorpgs. I even think final fantasy is grindy for example.
    What i call grind = monotous killing because you want exp.
    Slash
    Slash
    Members
    Members

Post by Slash 6/10/2009, 7:07 pm

Konishi wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    Konishi wrote:

Stop implying I'm an idiot, I merely point out Maple got way more annoying exp grind. I prefer online games as well, but I still can't think of any
    generic turn based rpg game to have as bad grind as most mmorpgs. I even think final fantasy is grindy for example.
    What i call grind = monotous killing because you want exp.

Then why do you play RPG's at all? The whole point is to grind.
    Konishi
    Konishi
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Konishi 6/10/2009, 8:12 pm

I play so I can quickly develop fast, hunt for skills/items etc. I don't mind hunting bosses down for items and such, that's ok.
    What I hate is killing the same easy monster over and over again for exp. Seirously Slash, why are you trying to attack me all the time?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/4/2024, 6:18 am