RunDFO.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to MyDFO.net, the best choice for Dungeon Fighter Online players! We are currently undergoing a site redesign.Thank you for your patience.

+3
Rako
iReject
Arquisto
7 posters

Saying Hello, help with char choice?

Arquisto
    Arquisto

Post Point : 7

Saying Hello, help with char choice? Empty Saying Hello, help with char choice?

Post by Arquisto 14/9/2009, 8:51 pm

Hey MyDFO,

I've been trying to submerge myself with DFO since i found it a month ago. Convincing all my friends about the beauty of 2D arcade action.
    I wanted to know if you guys can help me out with details on the characters, I usually like going support so the healer/priest type, but I also love to pvp.
    Does that mean that i should stay with priest and choose from one of the subclasses? If so which one?

Thanks for all the replies!

-Arquisto
    iReject
    iReject
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 796

Saying Hello, help with char choice? Empty Re: Saying Hello, help with char choice?

Post by iReject 14/9/2009, 9:14 pm

This is an interesting topic. I'll sure you will find lots of help pretty soon.
    Rako
    Rako
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 76

Saying Hello, help with char choice? Empty Re: Saying Hello, help with char choice?

Post by Rako 14/9/2009, 10:50 pm

If your into PVP and healing Priest-Crusader is probably the class for you. You could also go Soul Bringer, they get some support skills and can hold there own pretty well in pvp. If you haven't already check out the class videos thread (http://www.mydfo.net/dfo-general-f20/class-videos-t119.htm) it has at least 1 video of every class, you can look at both the crusader and the soul bringer there.
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 556

Post by Brentt 14/9/2009, 10:53 pm

If you really want one of the Priest's subclass, here's a small info on each of them.
  • Priests are actually more of a brawling type class, preferring to mostly use their fists, and occasionally huge weapons to deal damage to enemies. They also can choose from a basic healing spell and a couple of other ability increasing spells.

• Crusaders are the only support class of Priest, and are closer to how most other games use priests. They have a large variety of buff spells and healing spells to support their teammates, and have massive defense and HP.
    • Infighters are close-range brawlers, preferring to slam their weapon into the ground, which forms an area where the Infighter's stats are increased, and rely solely on their fists of fury to batter their enemies into submission.
    • Exorcists can choose to be either magic casters or physical types, specializing in the use of their weapons and/or friendly spirits. They are AoE Type class, and have lots of AoE Skills.

I have to say that personally, I have a same dilemma - monk or exorcist? I really like both of them, and while I decide, I watch youtube videos & read people's thoughts in the Nexon forums.
  • Arquisto
    Arquisto

Post Point : 7

Post by Arquisto 15/9/2009, 12:17 am

Ya, ive been having trouble deciding as well. Reading the nexon forums, watching videos.
    I think ill stick with pure buffs and healing so ill go crusader for now. Hopefully that will mean
    ill be popular to party with as well. Though im tryin to get as many of my irl friends to join with me.
    Konishi
    Konishi
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 671

Post by Konishi 15/9/2009, 2:13 am

*grin* I'm sure everyone needs a good healer from time to time.
    Wave
    Wave
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 37

Post by Wave 15/9/2009, 10:44 am

Very true. As a healer I doubt you'd ever have any real problems getting into a group.

Can't really comment on PvP. Haven't tried it yet.
    FinestPriest
    FinestPriest
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 26

Post by FinestPriest 15/9/2009, 9:12 pm

I'll be making a Hybrid Crusader one the priest patch comes out (though i better start reserving names before its too late...).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29/3/2024, 1:12 am