Welcome to MyDFO.net, the best choice for Dungeon Fighter Online players! We are currently undergoing a site redesign.Thank you for your patience.

    Create a wiki

    Blak Doxa
    Blak Doxa
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

    Post Point : 610
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : Apparent void of the future

    Create a wiki Empty Create a wiki

    Post by Blak Doxa on 31/7/2009, 11:00 pm

    I thought about it long and hard...(no jokes please)
    and since OBT isn't even here yet, I thought the idea of a wiki a very far and distant idea...
    Maybe just a wiki for the site...MyDFO wiki...
    There can be good and bad consequences, but it isn't that bad of an idea...compared to DnF wiki....(fail btw)
    Flair
    Flair
    Members
    Members

    Post Point : 311
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2009-07-27
    Age : 26
    Location : Tennis court

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Flair on 1/8/2009, 12:09 am

    I'll help (for money) no, jk, I'll help.
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

    Post Point : 556
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2009-07-17
    Age : 24

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Brentt on 1/8/2009, 12:55 am

    Yeah, I think that would be a bad idea.

    Who would be doing this wiki? If all of us volunteer to add parts of information to it, even I think that would look horrible.

    If I ever wanted to make a page in this wiki, I'd do it real nice and actually spend a few hours on it. While this is being me, I know others will make a messy page that can be made in like 20 minutes.

    Being able to see a really nice, organized page, and then the next page you go to is just sloppy and messy.

    I really have to say no to it.
    Blak Doxa
    Blak Doxa
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

    Post Point : 610
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : Apparent void of the future

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Blak Doxa on 1/8/2009, 1:33 am

    Brentt wrote:Yeah, I think that would be a bad idea.

    Who would be doing this wiki? If all of us volunteer to add parts of information to it, even I think that would look horrible.

    If I ever wanted to make a page in this wiki, I'd do it real nice and actually spend a few hours on it. While this is being me, I know others will make a messy page that can be made in like 20 minutes.

    Being able to see a really nice, organized page, and then the next page you go to is just sloppy and messy.

    I really have to say no to it.
    I understand.
    It would have to be organizied to near pefection. I might have to do this on my own time...which means I probably won't do it...
    I couldn't take mess and disorder either.
    avatar
    Fuzzy
    Members
    Members

    Post Point : 28
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2009-07-28
    Age : 108

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Fuzzy on 1/8/2009, 1:56 am

    Well, once OBT starts, I can record everything about Elemental Masters and Summoner skills and basic mage skills.

    You just need to assign people to take different job paths, and ALWAYS RECORD, like the "Press R" details.
    I can already start on Summoner as mine is about to Job Adv.

    I mean, skills/titles are easy to do. Gear isn't needed since its all random stats.... Maybe dungeon breakdowns (cause they seem to follow a pattern).

    I'd have to vote a "Yes" to this. With enough people covering different bases, it will be EASY to start. Plus we can just "steal" some information from the DNF wiki :O


    EDIT: We can just start with skills, make a template... so that way people's entries look alike. If the person doesn't know how to use wiki, they can just pust the information and someone else can pick it up.
    Blak Doxa
    Blak Doxa
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

    Post Point : 610
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : Apparent void of the future

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Blak Doxa on 1/8/2009, 2:00 am

    Fuzzy wrote:Well, once OBT starts, I can record everything about Elemental Masters and Summoner skills and basic mage skills.

    You just need to assign people to take different job paths, and ALWAYS RECORD, like the "Press R" details.
    I can already start on Summoner as mine is about to Job Adv.

    I mean, skills/titles are easy to do. Gear isn't needed since its all random stats.... Maybe dungeon breakdowns (cause they seem to follow a pattern).

    I'd have to vote a "Yes" to this. With enough people covering different bases, it will be EASY to start. Plus we can just "steal" some information from the DNF wiki :O


    EDIT: We can just start with skills, make a template... so that way people's entries look alike. If the person doesn't know how to use wiki, they can just pust the information and someone else can pick it up.
    Glad you support the idea, but we have to get more people in on it.

    And no stealing information from bad sources. ;o

    I'm going to learn how to make a wiki later today...whether we do one or not.
    avatar
    Fuzzy
    Members
    Members

    Post Point : 28
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2009-07-28
    Age : 108

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Fuzzy on 1/8/2009, 3:02 am

    There are parts that are nice... The Class info is an easy steal.

    ie:
    Basic Summoner info

    Create a wiki Summoner

    Subclass of...: Magician
    Unique Look: Tome attached to the belt
    Weapon(s) of choice: Rod, Spear
    Armor Mastery: Cloth
    Physical/Magical Damage: Both
    Ranged/Close Quarters: Ranged
    PVM/PVP: More PVM oriented than PVP
    Specialty Element(s): All or None
    Party Support: None
    Blak Doxa
    Blak Doxa
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

    Post Point : 610
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : Apparent void of the future

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Blak Doxa on 1/8/2009, 9:25 am

    Fuzzy wrote:There are parts that are nice... The Class info is an easy steal.

    ie:
    Basic Summoner info

    Create a wiki Summoner

    Subclass of...: Magician
    Unique Look: Tome attached to the belt
    Weapon(s) of choice: Rod, Spear
    Armor Mastery: Cloth
    Physical/Magical Damage: Both
    Ranged/Close Quarters: Ranged
    PVM/PVP: More PVM oriented than PVP
    Specialty Element(s): All or None
    Party Support: None
    It would be better if we came up with or own style instead....
    Reuku
    Reuku
    Members
    Members

    Post Point : 127
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 108

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Reuku on 1/8/2009, 1:34 pm

    I believe there is already a wiki O_o

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Fighter_Online
    Blak Doxa
    Blak Doxa
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

    Post Point : 610
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : Apparent void of the future

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Blak Doxa on 1/8/2009, 1:45 pm

    Reuku wrote:I believe there is already a wiki O_o

    [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Fighter_Online
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Fighter_Online[/quote[/url]]
    Not that kind of wiki...plus that wiki needs to be cleaned up...

    I mean a more detailed wiki...with all the bells and whistles.
    Reuku
    Reuku
    Members
    Members

    Post Point : 127
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 108

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Reuku on 1/8/2009, 2:21 pm

    ok fine here -_-

    http://wiki.dfosource.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

    clean balls and all
    Blak Doxa
    Blak Doxa
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

    Post Point : 610
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : Apparent void of the future

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Blak Doxa on 1/8/2009, 2:26 pm

    Reuku wrote:ok fine here -_-

    http://wiki.dfosource.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

    clean balls and all
    Thanks =D
    But from the looks of it, it is still in progress.
    I wish OBT was here so I could finish the guides... U_U

    Sponsored content

    Create a wiki Empty Re: Create a wiki

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 25/6/2019, 9:04 pm