RunDFO.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to MyDFO.net, the best choice for Dungeon Fighter Online players! We are currently undergoing a site redesign.Thank you for your patience.

5 posters

Keeping the market forum from going nuts...

Master Cerberus
    Master Cerberus
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 44

Keeping the market forum from going nuts... Empty Keeping the market forum from going nuts...

Post by Master Cerberus 26/7/2009, 11:18 pm

I thought of a couple of things to keep the market forums from stretching for hundreds upon hundreds of pages.

- Require people to make a single thread and call it their shop. Allow them to make only one and update it according to their tastes. If people post random sell/buy threads give them a warning and so on depending on how many times they do it.

- Allow them to enter a description of their shop so that people can see it. If you could make it that a text bubble would come up when you mouse over the name of the shop then that would be awesome.

Well its a pretty rough idea but it could help stop a flood of spam and a moderating nightmare in the longrun, I welcome your input on developing this idea...
    iReject
    iReject
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 796

Keeping the market forum from going nuts... Empty Re: Keeping the market forum from going nuts...

Post by iReject 26/7/2009, 11:29 pm

There shouldnt be spam upon the the marketing threads. There are specific item sell in specific forum.
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 556

Keeping the market forum from going nuts... Empty Re: Keeping the market forum from going nuts...

Post by Brentt 26/7/2009, 11:39 pm

I don't think we should have any of that. Instead, I think after people sell what they wanted to get rid of or buy what they wanted, the thread should either be locked or locked and moved to the waste trash.
    iReject
    iReject
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by iReject 26/7/2009, 11:41 pm

We will have 5 moderators 5 Co-Admins and Adminstrator that will watches this kind of problem. So do not be concern. Rules and policy will enforce any of misconduct / misuse.
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Brentt 26/7/2009, 11:43 pm

iReject wrote:We will have 5 moderators 5 Co-Admins and Adminstrator that will watches this kind of problem. So do not be concern. Rules and policy will enforce any of misconduct / misuse.
    Yeah, know that I think of it, you're right Hung.

I guess with all the help and back up we have, we won't have to worry about spam that much.
    lonelyazn
    lonelyazn
    Members
    Members

Post Point : 170

Post by lonelyazn 26/7/2009, 11:47 pm

I somewhat agree with Master Cerebus, however sometimes people having their own "shops" can sometimes get buried in the forums and trying to find the post and then updating it may be a hassle. We can end up making a rule on how the posts should be in the market forums. Such as how they should not "bump" their topics too often, and when the item is sold and whatever ask a moderator to lock it. Guess we'll make a sticky on how each post should be made so people won't get confused like when making the title have it either B>, S>, or A> depending on buying, selling, or auctioning. Just to make things more organized and easier to know what people are selling initially.
    iReject
    iReject
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by iReject 26/7/2009, 11:49 pm

Perhaps in the future I will purchase a code form the editor and implant in the system. And shop can be purchase for a few dollar. With the money we can expand the site even more!
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Brentt 26/7/2009, 11:54 pm

iReject wrote:Perhaps in the future I will purchase a code form the editor and implant in the system. And shop can be purchase for a few dollar. With the money we can expand the site even more!
    Sounds exciting!

Just do what you feel would be beneficial for MyDFO Hung.
    iReject
    iReject
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by iReject 26/7/2009, 11:56 pm

Definitely! I try my best to not fail.
    lonelyazn
    lonelyazn
    Members
    Members

Post by lonelyazn 26/7/2009, 11:56 pm

It is a good idea, however I am pretty sure Nexon will implement a shop system in the game like maplestory and various other games have. We can try think of other things we could do to make funds for you to keep this site running, and we will deal with it when the time comes.
    iReject
    iReject
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by iReject 27/7/2009, 12:00 am

Did nexon have marketing for other game? And also some people will probably be going here dued to that fact there are still @$$hole lurking around nexon forum trying to be important
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Brentt 27/7/2009, 12:01 am

iReject wrote:Did nexon have marketing for other game? And also some people will probably be going here dued to that fact there are still @$$hole lurking around nexon forum trying to be important
    Do you mean a forum where you can buy, sell, etc.?
    lonelyazn
    lonelyazn
    Members
    Members

Post by lonelyazn 27/7/2009, 12:05 am

Yeah they had marketing tools for games, inside the games. Such as going into the "Free Market" in maplestory and just having people opening shops in town, where a text bubble will appear with their shop title and clicking on it will open their shop of stuff they have for sale.
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Brentt 27/7/2009, 12:09 am

lonelyazn wrote:Yeah they had marketing tools for games, inside the games. Such as going into the "Free Market" in maplestory and just having people opening shops in town, where a text bubble will appear with their shop title and clicking on it will open their shop of stuff they have for sale.
    Ah, that.

In DFO, you can open up a shop after buying it in the Cash Shop (the CS will probably be used by the time the game official launches) and you can go to a town and just place the items you want to sell and open it. Since that won't happen until a long while, we'll have to rely on the market forum or ask others in the game to see if they have anything.
    lonelyazn
    lonelyazn
    Members
    Members

Post by lonelyazn 27/7/2009, 12:13 am

Well it won't happen in the closed beta I am sure, however we do not really need the market forums either unless people want to test their characters out with certain items. It is overall pointless since the characters are getting deleted in the end. Also it should not take too long for open beta to start, and I am sure that cash shop will be implemented in due time, since some of their rewards for closed beta work is some NX into your account.
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Brentt 27/7/2009, 12:29 am

lonelyazn wrote:Well it won't happen in the closed beta I am sure, however we do not really need the market forums either unless people want to test their characters out with certain items. It is overall pointless since the characters are getting deleted in the end. Also it should not take too long for open beta to start, and I am sure that cash shop will be implemented in due time, since some of their rewards for closed beta work is some NX into your account.
    I know for sure that I'll be using the forum. If Arad Senki is not so different than DFO, then I'm going to be needing these cubes that you get after grinding items for a class change from Gunner to Spitfire.
    lonelyazn
    lonelyazn
    Members
    Members

Post by lonelyazn 27/7/2009, 12:37 am

True I'll be using forums too seeing as that not everyone wants to use real money to spend on NX so they can just get a few pointless things. However it is probably unnecessary and most people may not like having to pay just to create a topic and have a "shop" that is what I was just stating.
    Blak Doxa
    Blak Doxa
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post Point : 610

Post by Blak Doxa 27/7/2009, 11:15 am

The market well be used to make in-game exchanges...
    Untill Nexon implements the cash shop in DFO, people will have the option of using this sites market place forum to trade, buy or sell items. Shouldn't be hard to gt people to use especially since Hung has that nice offer going.
    lonelyazn
    lonelyazn
    Members
    Members

Post by lonelyazn 27/7/2009, 11:38 am

Of course the market will be used for in-game exchanges, what else is there. Also the cash shop will probably be implemented in open beta since they are giving away NX as prizes and most likely won't be erasing characters after open beta. And with closed beta it may not matter if people buy and sell items since it is all gonna be gone when CBT ends.
    Blak Doxa
    Blak Doxa
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Blak Doxa 27/7/2009, 11:43 am

Everything begins OBT.
    lonelyazn
    lonelyazn
    Members
    Members

Post by lonelyazn 27/7/2009, 11:44 am

Lol trying to make it sound epic? However, it is true the real gaming and how the community, economy, and such will become does start with OBT....
    Blak Doxa
    Blak Doxa
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Blak Doxa 27/7/2009, 12:11 pm

Then we should lock this topic till then.
    Brentt
    Brentt
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post by Brentt 27/7/2009, 2:38 pm

Blak Doxa wrote:Then we should lock this topic till then.
    I agree.

Locking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/4/2024, 9:42 am